Friday, November 7, 2008

My favorite season


We traveled to Virginia last weekend to visit family.  The mountains burst forth with colors of orange, red, yellow, and gold.  I wanted to take it all in and always remember the images of the mountains--majestic.  The crisp air, warm afternoons, and leaves crunching under your feet---ahhhh autumn.

The days float by so quickly and suddenly we will leave next Saturday afternoon. The essential travel items are spread out on the floor with plans to pack it all tomorrow morning.  In the midst of the excitement and checking off "to do" lists, I am trying to slow down and not miss it all.  As I leave for work in the morning it has been dark and I stop for a moment in the driveway, look up at the sky and take a deep breath of the crisp autumn air and reminded that the Lord has ordained today.  The Lord hung the stars in the sky.  He is the Creator of the universe.  The Lord has prepared us for such a time as this.  I don't want to miss one little bit of it.  

I am so blessed with good friends who are already mommies and know what they are doing.  My friend stopped by and gave me the low down on what to pack for the boy.  I am going to enjoy the marker and black pad of paper for sure!